Have you ever done grocery shopping and planned out the perfect meal, but when you get home, all you want to do is take a quick nap that turns into your daughter sleeping on your chest until dinner time?
Today is one of those days! Luckily, I have this spaghetti squash with salmon to end my worries because it can be done in minutes with the assistance of the lovely oven. Ever heard of spaghetti squash? I am sure you have, so please excuse a newbie like me. I totally have been missing out on this spaghetti squash trend.
I decided to pair the salmon with this beautiful thing.
This spaghetti squash with salmon is a picture-perfect choice for dinner so you can catch on some sleep. I don’t recommend napping while the squash is baking in the oven. But if you must, just make sure to set your oven alarm so you can wake up in time to smell the buttery, savory, and sweetness of the squash alongside with the juicy, oven-baked salmon. You may not need an alarm after all with the aromatic of the dish filling the air that will surely wake a hungry person up.
This spaghetti squash salmon is a perfect choice because:
- it has a unique texture just like angel hair pasta,
- healthy with a source of fiber and carbohydrates
- fun, delicious, and
- simple to make
A simple and effortless dish so you can have more time napping!!
- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- pinch of salt and pepper for squash
- 1 lb salmon filet
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Korean seasoning
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ of a ginger root (thinly sliced)
- For the green onion topping:
- 2 tablespoon of green onion (chopped)
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and line baking sheet with parchment paper
- Grease baking sheet with olive oil
- Carefully cut the squash in half and remove seeds
- Rub a little bit of olive oil and a pinch of salt on top of the cut-side of the squash
- Place spaghetti squash, cut side down on baking sheet and roast in the oven until a fork can be inserted, approximately 45minutes.
- Now go take a nap and set alarm for 45 minutes
- Remove squash and let cool enough to handle
- While the squash is cooling, prepare the salmon by rubbing Korean seasoning, garlic power, ginger, black pepper on top of the salmon filet. Drizzles some olive oil on top of the salmon
- Return the salmon to the same baking sheet, you might have to replace a new parchment paper (or aluminum foil). Bake the salmon in the oven for about 15 minutes
- Use the fork to scrape the squash in long strands and transfer to a serving bowl
- To make the green onion, place green onion in a small bowl with olive oil and microwave for about 40 seconds.
- Remove the baked salmon and drizzles oiled green onion on top of salmon.
- To serve: place some salmon on top of spaghetti squash. You can also add a little soy sauce for a little more flavor