Easy, addictive energy pretzel bites that are crunchy, with luscious creamy peanut butter and healthy coconut oil.
Friends, this is must have snacks for us office workers!!
Energy boost and 3 PM sugar rush are office rituals, especially for us office workers, sitting and staring at the computer screens all day. It’s even worse when you’re in your 30s and wonder all your energy went! Drinking unhealthy energy drinks and high sugar snacks can be counterproductive.
Instead, how about trying these easy, addictive energy pretzel bites that are crunchy as the luscious creamy peanut butter and healthy coconut oil melt in your mouth? This is out of this world ah-mazing!! Also, with Chia seeds added, this healthy, low calorie, low sugar snack tastes great, smell great, and provides a great energy boost!
You can roll them with toasted coconut, or dip them in Nutella chocolate.
Enjoy these healthy snacks without feeling guilty that you’ve eaten too many 😉
- 1½ cup rolled oats
- 1½ cup pretzels
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- ½ cup coconut oil (melted)
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup peanut butter (melted)
- Toppings: ½ cup totasted coconut
- ½ cup Nutella (melted)
- Place the pretzels in a ziploc bag and crush with a rolling pin until broken into small bits.
- Place the oats in the processor and pulse until smooth. Then add in the pretzel and pulse together. The mixture should be crushed, ground like texture.
- In a small bowl, mix all ingredients together until combine.
- Place some coconut oil in the palm of your hands and roll the mixture into balls, squeezing as you shape them. If the mixture doesn't stick, add in a little more peanut butter.
- Dip the bites into melted Nutella chocolate and sprinkle toasted coconut over.
- Chill in the freezer for 20 minutes before serving.
- Bites can be kept in a sealed plastic container in the refregerator
Adapted from Pinch of Yum