Coming up on the blog today are freshly baked banana chocolate chip muffins, guilt- free, healthy and delicious little treat for your busy mornings.
As a busy mom, breakfast is always a challenge for me. My regular routine consisted of making coffee, packing lunches for the day while rushing out the door. Breakfast at home on weekdays never happened because I’m way too busy running around and trying to beat the morning commute.
And I’m so glad that these muffins are my life savers. I can munch on them with a sip of coffee while sitting on my morning commute. Or I can even pack them as snack on days I couldn’t pack my lunch.
The greek yogurt in these muffins makes them very moist but still healthy with no added sugar. And with only a few ingredients you have on hand and very little prep time, they can be ready in no time.
You’ll love these lovelies for many reasons: they’re indulgence, sweet but healthy, tasty and delightful.
- 1½ cups whole wheat flour (sifted & leveled)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 riped bananas
- ⅓ cup honey
- 1½ tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 - 2 tablespoon milk ( I used organic whole milk)
- ½ cup chobani greek yogurt
- ½ cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, lay muffin liners on to baking tray and spray the muffins pan with cooking spray or grease pan with olive oil.
- Grab two bowls. In one bowl mix flour, baking soda and salt.
- In the second bowl, add bananas and use the spatulas to mash banana into small pieces. Fold in honey, greek yogurt olive oil, vanilla, milk and egg.
- Add dry ingredients into wet ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Divide the batter evenly into the muffin pans. Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool muffins on pan for 5 minutes and transfer to cooling rack to cool completely.
adapted from Ambitious Kitchen