Chicken and wild rice with chock-full of vegetables like mushrooms, celery and carrots is a hearty, flavorful soup. What I love about this soup is it can easily be transforming into a comforting meal with the help of the Instant pot. This soup is perfect for rainy days, when you crave something cozy, and comforting for dinner.
You need to add this to the list of soups to make because:
- Dinner plans just gotten easier because this soup can be making in the IP.
- It’s cozy and comforting and it has wild rice, which means, you’ll be full before you know it.
Who’s in it with me for Soup Season?
This soup comes together in just under an hour, with no fancy prepping required, just a lot of chopping if you don’t mind. Pair it with a slide of bread and it’s a comforting, feel-good meal.
Wild rice is harder to find but if you can’t locate wild rice, I’d use quinoa or brown rice as substitute.
If you’re in a mood for something hearty, healthy and delicious, you’ll love this soup.
Let’s get cozy on the couch with our favorite Netflixs movie and a bowl of this cozy soup!
Instant Pot Chicken and Wild Rice Soup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 oz mushrooms (thinly sliced)
- 3 stalks celery (sliced)
- 3 large carrots (chopped)
- 1/2 onion (diced)
- 1.5 lb bone-in chicken thigh (about 5 pieces)
- 1 cup wild rice I used Trader Joe's wild rice
- 1 tablespoon 21 seasonings 1
- 5 cups unsalted chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt & pepper (more to taste)
- chopped cilantro for garnish
- bread for serving (optional)
Press the saute button on the instant pot. Add olive oil until hot. Add in onion and chicken thighs. Sear the chicken on both side until brown. Add in celery, carrots and mushrooms. Cook for a minute, then sprinkle 21 seasoning over the mixture.
Stir in wild rice, chicken broth and mix well until everything is incorporated.
Close the instant pot and set on manual high pressure for 35 minutes. When time's up, let it naturally release for another 10 minute before releasing the steam.
Transfer the chicken thighs to a bowl and use 2 forks to shred the chicken in pieces. Discard the bones.
Add chicken back to the instant pot. Season the soup with salt and pepper, to taste.
Garnish with chopped cilantro and serve with a slice of warm bread. Enjoy!
I used 21 seasonings from Trader Joe's in this recipe. If you don't have this seasoning, poultry seasoning or a mix of oregano, thyme, parsley would also work.