When I was younger, sushi wasn’t something I’m madly in love about. Every time we dined at a sushi restaurant, I’d safely ordered “California rolls” from the menu. My friends would tell me that “I’m missing out on the good stuff” and how I’m such a boring person. With the intention to prove them wrong, I took my big girl step one day and gave raw sushi a try. And let me tell you, I’ve been a raw sushi lover ever since.
Sashimi rolls and spicy tuna rolls are the two must have items every time we dine at a sushi place. As the weather’s getting warmer, I’ve been craving sushi a lot lately. But I have to admit, they come with a pretty price-tag. And it does some great damage to my wallet.
To prevent that from happening? Home-made sushi bowl is on the way!
Who doesn’t love a protein packed meal right?
Spicy, tasty sashimi and crunchy vegetables smothered in the most incredible spicy sesame soy-sauce, this is definitely dreams come true.
And it’s so easy to make, less than 30 minutes and you’ll have restaurant-quality sushi in a bowl, right at home. This is too good to be true right?
With the most amazing spicy sauce, you definitely have to try it. Don’t miss out on the good stuff like I did before.
See, I’m not such a boring person after all right? At least I can prove that to my friends.
Grab a chopstick and dig in!!
- 0.5 lb sashimi salmon (thinly slice into strips)
- 1 cucumber (sliced)
- 1 small carrot (shredded)
- 1 avocado (sliced)
- 2 cups of white rice or brown rice
- pickled ginger and wasabi (for serving)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- ½ tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sriracha
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon green onion
- ½ teaspoon chili garlic oil
- Cook rice according to package instruction.
- In a medium bowl, mix together soy sauce, sesame oil, rice vinegar, sriracha and garlic oil. Stir well to combine.
- Toss in the salmon, then spinkle sesame seeds and green onion. Set aside for 10 mins.
- To assemble the bowl, divide rice evenly between 2 bowls. Top with cucumber, shredded carrots and sliced avocado.
- Place spicy salmon to each bowl. Sprinkles some more green onion on top.
- Serve with pickled ginger and wasabi. If desired.