The easiest chicken recipe ever, cook right in the crockpot. No messy clean up, zero effort!
Tendered chicken thighs, slow cooked in gochujang red pepper sauce is the result of this effortless dish.
I’m one of those that will impatiently peek in the slow cooker, relishing the process of turning raw meat into something so tender and delicious. Here’s a tip for you: time your slow cook meal so it finishes at a time you can devour it without being judged! Mine finished at 11 PM at night and of course I couldn’t wait to devour it while my hubby walked out on me wondering what I’m doing eating so late.
With a dish you would think wouldn’t that excited, I found the waiting excruciating at times as I anticipate the greatness of my creation :). The tender chicken can be served with rice, salad, or with tortilla and guacamole. It doesn’t matter the combination, because the superstar will carry this team!
- 3 lb chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon gochujang Korean red pepper paste
- ⅓ cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoon soy sauce (less sodium)
- 1 cup coconut soda (or coconut water)
- 3 teaspoon corn starch + 2 tabespoons water
- In a small bowl, whisk together garlic, salt, ketchup, honey, soysauce, red pepper paste and coconut soda until all dissolve.
- Place chicken thighs in the slow cooker and pour sauce over to cover.
- Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 6 hours
- When time's up, mix 2 tablespoon water and cornstarch and stir in the mixture. Season again adjusting to your taste.
- Serve over rice, tortillas, or salad