Say hello to my simple, yet revitalizing Szechuan style cold noodles salad.
This noodle bowl salad is a must-have when we dine at our favorite Szechuan style Chinese restaurant where they serve small plates, traditional Chinese dishes. And it tastes heavenly remarkable every single time.
The beauty of this cold noodle salad is it’s refreshing, simple yet flavorful. And you can add your choice of protein: shredded chicken, shrimps, sliced beef. The possibilities are endless.
I decided to pair this beauty with my favorite fried tofu.
Week night dinner couldn’t be easier.
Grab a chopstick and dig in!!
- 10 oz spaghetti noodles
- 2 zucchinis (spiralized or thinly sliced)
- 2 teaspoon oil
- pinch of salt
- for the sauce:
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 3 tablespoon less sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoon spicy chili oil
- 2 tablespoon chopped green onion
- Cook the spaghetti noodles according to package instruction. Drain, rinse under cold water and set aside for later
- Prepare the zucchinis noodles by using a spiralizer, or a mandolin peeler.
- In a medium frying pan, place 2 teaspoon vegetable oil and stir fry the zoodles, about 3 minutes. Drain excess water through a colander. Add a pinch of salt and set aside.
- Place all sauce ingredients in a bowl and whisk until well combined
- To serve: Mix noodles, zoodles with sauce until well combined. Serve immediately