Happy first day of autumn! I’m so excited for the season fall to be here that I actually said that aloud!
There are so many reasons to love fall, but some of them are cooler weather, scenic view, and less mosquitoes!
A change of seasons is a good way to use the momentum to chase goals and do something different. And I’ll start with this lovely tuna stuffed baked sweet potato.
Perfect for cozying up with next to the fireplace on a cool Sunday morning while waiting for football to start. The warmth and wholesome goodness of tuna, grape tomatoes, and sriracha satisfy both hunger and energy boost for the day.
You’ll fall in love immediately because they’re:
Sweet and tender
High in protein
Spicy and flavorful
Make yourself a batch or two before the game on Sunday. You won’t be disappointed!
On another note, I finally have my kitchen back. I can’t wait to cook many more memorable meals here and can’t wait to show you my new tiny kitchen in another post. Stay tuned!
- 4 medium sweet potatoes (about 10 oz each, washed)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 can 7oz tuna in water (drained, excess water removed)
- 1 tablespoon green onion (chopped)
- 10 small grape tomatoes (roughly chopped)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Use a fork to poke a few holes on the sweet potatoes
- Place sweet potatoes on baking sheet and bake for 1 hr, until tender
- In the meantime, prepare the tuna toppings
- Heat oil in a frying pan under medium heat. Add in garlic until fragrant. Then add in onion, tuna and tomatoes. Stir fry the mixture for about 3 minutes. Set aside
- Split the potatoes in half and place topping on top, drizzles sriracha
- Serve immediately and get cozy on the couch for the football game 🙂