When life gets busy, have more chicken salads!
I can’t complain too much because being busy with life, especially with my daughter, is a great thing. Once in a while, I do carve a day to myself to tidy up the house and just relax.
And when I’m overwhelmed, dinner will be pizzas, Chinese take outs, or instant noodles (sorry honey).
My resolution for this year, or rather until the end of this year, is prepare more salads for the family with some chicken meat.
Can I be honest with you for a bit? I do sometimes find chicken plain and boring. I prefer other meats over chicken, maybe influenced by my fastidious hubby in his desire for seafood. But I realize chicken is health and can be cost effective.
This sauce/dressing is quite exquisite, my friends. It’s spicy, sweet, sour, tangy and salty. Ginger is a must. I repeat, ginger is a must-have ingredient in this recipe. It’s the X factor that will make this salad a winner!
Beautiful salad, with exquisite texture, and tastes great in your mouth! There’s no better time for you to have this chicken salad then right now!!
- 2 pieces of chicken thigh (boiled & shredded)
- 1 large cucumber (peeled & spiralized or cut into strips)
- ½ onion (thinly sliced)
- 2 cups cabbage (thinly sliced)
- 2 cups red cabbage (thinly sliced)
- ½ cup chopped peanuts
- 2 cups water (for boiling the chicken
- For the ginger dressing:
- ⅓ cup lime juice (juice from 2 limes)
- ¼ cup fish sauce
- ¼ cup coconut soda (or water)
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- ½ tablespoon chili paste
- 1 thai chili (if you want more heat, optional
- Place 2 cups of water in a small saucepan and boil the chicken until soften, around 15 minutes. Transfer the chicken to a bowl filled of ice water. Then shredded the chicken
- Combine all the dressing ingredients in a bowl and whisk until dissolved.
- Place all salad ingredients in a large bowl, except peanuts
- Toss the dressing with the salad and garnish with peanuts. Serve immediately